POULTRY / LIVESTOCK BEDDING
Decreases the bedding’s moisture level and ammonia content
Prevents the burns due to ammonia
Improves the quality of poultry / livestock houses
Safe and Healthy Farms
The well-known odour of ammonia is the most obvious indicator of air pollution in poultry and livestock houses, having good ventilation will ease this but making sure that the animals’ bedding is clean is equally important. Zeolite – Clinoptilolite being a natural absorbent is the ideal addition for bedding to dry, absorb ammonia, decrease the total number of microorganisms and decrease the prevalent pH value.
Zeolite – Clinoptilolite:
- Adsorbs the ammonia in animal feces and urine.
- Decreases the level of air pollution caused by ammonia inside the poultry / livestock house.
- Improves the microclimatic quality of the poultry / livestock house.
- Adsorbs and binds the ammonia in the environment which is in gas form.
- Decreases the fly larvae population.
Healthy and Happy Animals
Having ammonia gas in the poultry / livestock house continuously at high concentrations has negative impacts on animals’ overall health and their product yield efficiency. As ammonia is accumulated more and more in the environment over time, the acidity of the animal bedding increases, which in turn causes burns in poultry animals’ feet and chests. Zeolite is a highly efficient and effective solution to health problems that occur due to ammonia:
- Zeolite prevents the increase of the animal bedding’s acidity, and prevents the foot and chest burns that are otherwise commonly observed among poultry.
- By preventing the bedding from getting harder, it provides a dry and healthy bedding for poultry / livestock houses on a continuous basis. By providing a soft bedding, Zeolite also prevents the poultry from having decubitus complications.
- Zeolite helps poultry & livestock avoid diarrhoea that otherwise occurs due to lying down continuously on wet and hard bedding.
- Zeolite helps prevent eye and respiratory system complications that otherwise commonly occur due to irritations and damages by ammonia gas.
- Zeolite prevents the foot and chest burns that otherwise occur due to phosphorus.
- Zeolite relieves the animals’ level of stress, as the bedding that it provides has a natural negative charge on its surface and adsorbs animals’ positive static electricity charge.
Precious Fertiliser Rich in Nutrients
Zeolite is a multi-functional product which is beneficial for both your poultry / livestock house and your soil:
- By using Zeolite, you acquire dry, odourless, precious fertiliser rich in nutrients (Zeolite increases the cation exchange capacity and water retention capacity of the soil, and the nutrient utilisation rates of the soil as well). For soil conditioner applications please check here.
- Zeolite irreversibly binds onto and holds harmful microorganisms and toxins that are found in animals’ feces.
- Zeolite decreases the salinity level of the soil.
- Zeolite renders the carrying and transport of the fertiliser a lot easier.
Cost & Yield
Animal bedding that has been treated with Zeolite will need to be cleaned or changed less frequently, this reduction in worked hours has obvious financial benefits. Other financial benefits are due to the reduction of air pollution and the more hygienic bedding leading to healthier animals, improved growth rate, less required medication for ammonia burn and sores making Zeolite a budget-friendly, versatile and efficient solution for poultry / livestock house bedding.
Zeolite is as a natural non-clumping cat litter product. It has been widely used since 1980’s. It is one of the few natural mineral that is completely safe as a cat litter. It is harmless even if digested. It is a non-toxic and environmental friendly product.
Zeolite has high cation exchange capacity and high water absorption capacity. Through cation exchange it removes ammonia and bad odors much more effectively than clumping litters. With Zeolites water holding capacity it absorbs the urine completely and removes the wetness inside the litter box.
Zeolite can be used and disposed easily. It has a reasonably long tray life. Non-clumping cat litters are more appealing for most of the cats since they are not annoyed by the hard clumped litter in the box. The sticky properties of the clumping litter allows litter to stick to cat’s paws and create a great deal of mess around the litter box. Moreover cat usually licks their paws and inevitably eat the undesirable substance at the litter. Zeolite doesn’t stick to paws or furs since it has no clumping property.
Zeolite is also popular among bird lovers as a bird litter!